Today my amazing husband celebrates his 30th birthday. All while taking not one, but TWO new state bar exams, make his total THREE...as in THREE states he will be a barred attorney in. I am so proud. His birthday got me thinking about a list I wrote in Evernote, back in January. I promised myself that starting on my 29th birthday (which was 3 months ago), that I would try my best to complete 30 specific things before turning 30. Now that my husband is 30, and I am only 9 months away from 30 (gasp!), I figured I would center this blog post around the theme, and really take some accountability. All of these are not only doable, but small things that will make my immediate world a much happier place.
1. Take a Knife Skills Class.
2. See the Eiffel Tower. (done!)
3. Read 10 new books.
4. Bake my Husband a Birthday Cake from Scratch. (this might be belated...)
5. Get back to a Regular Fitness Routine.
6. Help my Parents going on a trip Somewhere.
7. Get a Dog. (done...& she's amazing!)
8. Join a Young Professional/Networking Group.
9. Interview someone of interest.
10. Perfect Home-brewed Iced Coffee with my Husband. (he has this down, I on the other hand...)
11. Host a ladies only brunch or afternoon tea.
12. Perfect a go-to eye makeup routine and/or take time to put makeup on at home/not in car. (my friends will be grateful...)
13. Get a post/article featured on another blog or website.
14. Up twitter & insta followers.
15. Take a class or webinar on social media/building a brand, etc.
16. Be more organized at work.
17. Learn some new cocktail recipes.
18. Learn some new photography skills.
19. Hike more.
20. Learn some easy tips for calligraphy.
21. Complete a clean eating challenge.
22. Take more Wine Notes.
23. Make the Bed!
24. Learn how to meditate. (Headspace is helping...)
25. Take more time to write down my thoughts. Not necessarily a diary, but a way to calm my mind and let things go. (so necessary...)
26. Purchase some house plants and keep them alive.
27. Go tubing with friends down the Delaware.
28. Make at least 20 recipes from cookbooks I currently own.
29. Start business plan for one day boutique ownership.
30. Teach dog at least 3 new tricks (other than sit, shake, etc.)
30 Before 30 Lists for Inspiration: